Do you understand the difference between " Original Medicare" and "Medicare Advantage Plans"? Do you know what a "Medicare Special Needs Plan" is?
The VantAge Point Area Agency on Aging will hold Medicare Information Seminars throughout the area to provide answers to these questions and other information including tips on how to make comparisons before making any changes to your Medicare coverage during the fall Annual Election Period, November 15 – December 31, 2007.
The seminars, titled “Look Before You Leap," will be presented by Bev Scroggins, community services director of the VantAge Point Area Agency on Aging.
Programs will be held beginning at 10 a.m. at the following locations:
- Thursday, Sept. 13—The Center, 1203 E Pennell, Carl Junction
- Tuesday, Sept. 18—CANDO Senior Center, 404 E. 3rd St., Carthage
- Thursday, Sept. 20—Community Senior Center, 110 Main, Joplin
- Tuesday, Sept. 25—Barton County Senior Center, 11th and Walnut, Lamar
- Wednesday, Sept. 26—Joplin Senior Center, 22nd and Jackson
- Thursday, Sept. 27—Newton County Senior Center, 1017 Carl Sweeney Pky, Neosho
- Monday, Oct. 15 – McDonald County Senior Center, Noel (new location)
In addition, an evening program beginning at 7 p.m. will be held Tuesday, Sept. 18, at the VantAge Point, 2701 S. Bird, Joplin. Everyone is invited to attend. There is no charge and no reservations are needed.
For more information, contact the VantAge Point, (417) 627-0600.