|The nursing staff of the Newton County Health Department is encouraging all area residents to get a seasonal influenza vaccination to protect against seasonal flu and the complications that accompany this illness. Seasonal influenza vaccination clinics in outlying communities in Newton County will begin Monday, Sept. 26,2011. Seasonal influenza vaccination clinics will be held at the Newton County Health Department, 812 W. Harmony, Neosho starting Monday, Oct. 3, until supplies run out.
The cost for the seasonal flu vaccination will be $15 (cash or check); Medicare will be accepted for payment. Seasonal influenza vaccinations will not be available for pregnant women. To obtain a seasonal influenza vaccination for a child six months of age or older, or to arrange a seasonal influenza vaccination for a child on Medicaid, please contact NCHD at (417) 451-3743.
The outlying schedule for 2011 includes:
- Monday, Sept. 26 from 9-10 a.m. at Lane Apts., 303 E. Hickory, Neosho
- Monday, Sept. 26 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at The Oaks , 321 Hamilton, Neosho
- Monday, Sept. 26 from 2-3 p.m. at Stella Senior Center, 719 Carter St., Stella
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. at the Neosho Senior Center, 1017 Carl Sweeney Dr., Neosho
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Seneca City Hall, 1303 Cherokee St., Seneca
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Redings Mill Fire Dept., 344 Redings Mill Rd., Redings Mill
- Thursday, Sept. 29 from 9-11 a.m. at Diamond First Baptist Church, 501 W. Market St., Diamond
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 9-11 a.m. at the Granby Fire Dept., 238 N. Main, Granby
- Monday, Oct. 3 from 9-10 a.m. at the John Q. Hammons Community Center, Fairview
- Monday, Oct. 3 from 11 a.m. to noon at the Wentworth Community Center