|We all know this is one of the most critical elections in quite a few years. People are angry over various issues, and are going to go vote or bust. I have no doubt this primary election on February 5, 2008 may even be bigger than some of the previous general elections.
It is so unfortunate that the media is currently letting the candidates get away with avoiding the war issue. The candidates are now treating it as if it is almost an afterthought, and shame on them, but the wave that is rolling now to replace the supporters of criminals will ultimately bring them to focus on the single most important issue that has caused such terrible destruction, loss of life, and disgrace to America in the eyes of the world.
I have something in my pocket that I will read undoubtedly standing in line in the crowd, but I will keep it to myself to make sure I correctly obey the rules of the polling place. How could we better describe the company that some people keep than showing a resume of their leader. Maybe, you'd like to make a copy of it and vote your conscience.
Autobiography of George W. Bush
- Small youthful indiscretion: I was arrested in Kennebunkport, ME in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. As for my Texas driving record. It is not available. It got lost.
- Military: I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard and later deserting my post, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.
- College: I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.
- Work experience: I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in Midland,TX in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly thereafter, but I sold all my stock beforehand. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas and changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America. I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money. I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history. Then with the help of my brother, the governor of Florida and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President of the United States after losing by over 500,000 votes. I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record. I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week. I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury. I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history. I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period. I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period. I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues. I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condy Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her. I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President. I am the all- time U.S . and world record -holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations. My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. history, Enron. My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision. I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed. I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history. I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts. I appointed more convicted criminals to my administration than any President in U.S. history. I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States Government. I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history. I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission. I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law. I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention. I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election). I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history. Less than a year after many felt sympathy for the US after the World Trade Center attacks, I made the U.S. the most hated country in the world. I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens and the world community. I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends. I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security. I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD. I am the president who renewed the manufacture of land mines for arms sales throughout the world but I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.
- References: All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view. All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review. I specified that my sealed documents will not be available for 50 years.