Friends don't let friends vote Republican
August 05, 2004
by mariwinnThings you believe in to be a Republican today, as posted by "Smilingl8yMD" on the Democracy for America website; well, it was there until the forum thread got cleaned up:
- Sadamm was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
- Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to the spirit of international harmony.
- A woman can't be trusted with making decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulations.
- Jesus loves you and shares your hatred for homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.
- The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veteran's benefits and combat pay.
- If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
- Providing healthcare to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing healthcare to all Americans is socialism.
- HMOs and insurance companies have the best interests of the public at heart.
- Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
- A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which Iraqi citizens die is solid defense policy.
- Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
- The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's cocaine conviction is none of our business.
- Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative talk show host. Then it's an illness, and you need our prayers for your recovery.