Peace process analogy
March 12, 2009
by misterdSubject: A fly in cup of coffee
What happens when a fly falls into a coffee cup ?
- The Italian throws the cup and walks away in a fit of rage.
- The Frenchman takes out the fly and drinks the coffee.
- The Chinese eats the fly and throws away the coffee.
- The Russian drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.
- The Israeli sells the coffee to the Frenchman, the fly to the Chinese, buys himself a new cup of coffee and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.
- The Palestinian blames the Israeli for the fly falling into his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union for a new cup of coffee, then uses the money to purchase explosives and blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinese, and the Russian are trying to explain to the Israeli why he should give away his cup of coffee to the Palestinian.