The goals of the checkpoint were to:
- Detect and apprehend impaired drivers
- Raise Awareness to the dangers of driving while intoxicated or impaired.
- Encourage people to plan events and alternate transportation accordingly.
The checkpoint hours of operations were from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
As a result of the effort contacting 981 vehicles, these results were obtained:
- 9 DWIs with 20 standardized field sobriety tests (SFST) conducted
- 1 Drug arrest
- 16 total arrests (including DWIs and drug)
- 13 people transported to jail
- 46 tickets and 37 warnings were issued