How to get Missouri road condition information
January 10, 2011
by sally-oJEFFERSON CITY - It's snow time throughout the state. So, the Missouri Department of Transportation is reminding travelers there are several easy ways to get road condition information and avoid dangerous traveling situations.
- By e-mail - Sign up here for transportation updates that include road condition reports.
- Through Twitter - You may follow MoDot tweets here.
- Traveler information map - Go here to get up-to-the-minute view of road conditions for major Missouri highways. Conditions for major routes across the state are color-coded to give visitors the information they need at a glance. The map shows road conditions for major Missouri cities, counties, MoDOT districts and other travel destinations. Individual routes can also be selected. A text report and links to road condition maps for surrounding states are also available.
- TV and radio stations - Use local reporting to supplement the map.
- By phone - Road condition information is supplied by phoning MoDot's toll free number, 888-ASK-MODOT.