Joplin Area Catholic Schools (JACS) has announced the appointment of Renee Motazedi, pictured, as their development director. She begins her official duties July 1, 2010 after having been interim director since February. Motazedi served on the JACS development board writing grants for the schools and assisted with a variety of fundraising activities throughout the school system. Her goals are to make JACS more visible in the community and increase fundraising activities.
Before holding this position, Motazedi was a stay-at-home mother for 11 years. Her early experience included employment as a medical social worker for 12 years at St. Johnís Regional Medical Center in Joplin. She was educated at St. Ann's Grade School in Carthage and eventually attended Southwest Missouri State University earning a bachelorís in social work.
Motazedi and her husband, John have three children who have been educated in the JACS school system.
Diocesan pastoral assignments for 2010 are announced
Bishop James V. Johnston of the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau has announced these pastoral assignments that mostly will become effective July 1, 2010:
- Rev. John Braun, currently pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Webb City will assume a dual role as associate pastor of Immaculate Conception in Springfield and St. Joseph in Billings. He will reside at the rectory in Billings.
- Rev. Ralph Duffner retired as administrator of St. Ambrose in Chaffee. He will continue as senior priest in service and assist with sacramental ministry at St. Ambrose, Guardian Angel in Oran and St. Joseph in Advance. His residence will be at the rectory in Chaffee.
- Rev. William Hennecke has moved up to pastor of St. John in Leopold and St. Anthony in Glennon and will assume responsibilities as chaplain at Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau. He was associate pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish in Jackson, St. John Parish and St. Anthony Mission.
- Rev. Lewis Hejna, now pastor of St. Joseph, will continue as pastor of Immaculate Conception.
- Rev. Rahab Isidor, a parochial administrator, has moved from St. Joseph to Sacred Heart.
- Rev. Paul McLoughlin, former pastor of St. Joseph the Worker Parish in Ozark, is now pastor of St. Lawrence in Monett and SS. Peter and Paul in Pulaskifield, continuing in the Office of Worship.
- Rev. Fergus Monaghan will become pastor of St. Joseph the Worker and continue as pastor of Holy Trinity in Springfield.
- Rev. Saviour Nundwe will be associate pastor of St. Joseph the Worker and Holy Trinity with residence in Ozark. He was associate pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Parish in Cape Girardeau and chaplain of Notre Dame Regional High School.
- Rev. Jaroslaw Skrzypek will be pastor of Immaculate Conception in New Madrid and Sacred Heart in Caruthersville, effective August 2, 2010. He was pastor of St. Lawrence Parish and SS. Peter and Paul Parish.
- Rev. Randolph Tochtrop will assume responsibility as pastor of St. Ambrose while continuing as pastor of Guardian Angel and St. Joseph.
- Rev. Kizito Wenani will be associate pastor of St. Vincent de Paul and chaplain at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau effective July 16, 2010.
According to Recy Moore, it doesn't appear as if priestly assignments in Joplin will be affected.