Scheduled for construction in 2012 are two more interchanges, two more overpasses and one more outer road. The work in 2012 will complete the U.S. 71 upgrade between Kansas City and Pineville near the Missouri-Arkansas state line. Also in 2012, a corridor-long project is scheduled to install I-49-related signs with final approval of the I-49 designation by the Federal Highway Administration coming by December 2012.
Completed projects for 2011 are:
In Bates County
- New interchange and outer road ($3.8 million). Prime contractor: APAC-Missouri, Columbia.
In Vernon County
- New interchange at Route DD ($3.9 million).
- New interchange at Route E ($3.8 million).
- New interchange at Route M ($3.2 million).
- New interchange at Route D ($3.1 million.
- New overpass at County Road 290 ($1.7 million).
Prime contractor for Vernon County roadwork is Kolb Grading, St. Charles.
In Barton County
- New 30th Road overpass and outer road ($1.6 million). Prime contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Columbia.
- Outer road improvement at Route 126 ($259,000). Prime contractor: Amino Bros Inc., Kansas City, KS.
Three ribbon-cutting dedication ceremonies are scheduled for December 19, 2011. Local and state officials will join MoDOT staff in locations along the highway in Bates, Vernon and Barton counties.