Gotta have another cigarette...last one
May 11, 2013
The Joplin Fire Department responded to an initial report of a medical call at 310 N Creekside Dr. Time of call was 2318 hours Thursday evening, 10 May. A fire crew arrived on the scene at 2323 hours to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the front side of a duplex, through the open overhead garage door. The call was upgraded to a structure fire response.

The crew was informed there were people inside the structure. Crews went in and removed three people from the structure and adjoining duplex. They also found one victim in the garage. Crews remained on scene until 0212 hours Friday morning.

Five Joplin Fire units and 19 Joplin Fire personnel responded, along with the Joplin Police Department, and METS.

The victim is Delores Anderson, 75. The structure is owned by Spring River Christian Village. The surviving occupant is Ann McGlaughlin.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. The victim was smoking while on oxygen equipment.

Go Back


You are currently not logged in. If you wish to post a comment, please first log in.

 ThreadAuthorViewsRepliesLast Post Date

No comments yet.