|The Neosho Arts Council invites area artists to participate in Neosho’s largest annual downtown festival on Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013. Indoor booth space is now being reserved. Book early for the best location. Registration of $35 per booth will be refunded if artist is in place by 8:45 a.m. and remains until 4 p.m.
Prizes totaling $1000 will be awarded during the Boulevard Bank Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest in three age groups: 6 to 10 yrs (Free); 11 to 15 yrs. (Free); Adult 16 & Over ($10 fee). Each entrant will receive one free box of professional grade pastel chalks. Additional pastels available for a small fee. Work must be completed between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. A 3’ by 3’ space will be provided for each youth entry and a 5’ by 5’ space provided for adults. Works may be original or reproduced. Use of a grid layout is encouraged. Also a theme of “Autumn in the Ozarks” is encouraged but not required.
A sampling of the festival activities include:
- Crafters from throughout the Ozarks
- Festival food
- Coaster Car Race - For more rules about this soapbox derby go here. For an application form go here.
- Lions Club Pancake Breakfast at The Civic, 109 W. Main St., just west of the Neosho Square
- Faithful Friends Animal Advocates pet contest/adoption day
- Performance stage featuring entertainment throughout the day
- Newton County Historical Society's History Alley
- Kids games
- Neosho Fire Department 125th Anniversary Celebration
For more information and a vendor application form go here. To reserve a space for the art contest contact John Mills here.