Fire casuses destruction of Main Street residence
December 06, 2013
The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 436 N. Main St. at 2:58 a.m. today (Friday, Dec. 06, 2013). Fire crews arrived on the scene at 3:02 find heavy smoke and fire coming from a one-story single family dwelling owned by James Krudwig of Webb City that he had rented out to Terrence Boaz.

It was first reported that two people might be inside, but after investigation it was determined that no one was home at the time of the fire. The house was a total loss.

The fire was declared under control at 3:51 a.m. and out at 6:11 a.m.. Crews remained on scene until 08:37 a.m.

No injuries were reported to either fire personnel or others in the area. Six Joplin Fire units and 18 Joplin fire personnel responded. The Joplin Police Department blocked Main Street during fire operations and METS stood by if needed. The Red Cross was called to assist with any needs of the occupants.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical failure.

Go Back


You are currently not logged in. If you wish to post a comment, please first log in.

 ThreadAuthorViewsRepliesLast Post Date

No comments yet.